8th July marseillan plage to torreilles plage

Today was expected to be the least interesting day of the trip and with the mistral blowing behind me it was a chance to get good miles up on the main road. The first part was headwind to Beziers with a few long uphill drags.
At Narbonne I went straight through the centre, a very attractive city where a stage of the Tour de France would finish a week later. After this the road was direct south and though there were plenty of long uphill drags the wind was blowing strong behind me making for very easy cycling. I came off the N9 where it joined the D627 heading back to the coast at Leucate plage and continued on down the coast to Torreilles plage. Really I should have went on further and took advantage of the tailwind, but I liked this place and decided to stay. I checked out the four campsites all beside each other and went back to the first one camping trivoly which charged 22 euro and the staff were the most freindly; some of the bigger campsites I found not only very expensive but very impersonable.
The pyrenees were now visible in the distance about 20 miles away; off to bed early as tomorrow was expected to be a tough day.
75 miles

No comments: